Are you eligible to register your child for free school meals?
If you are eligible to register your child for free school meals you could save over £400 a year and take advantage of the school meal service which is a good way to make sure that your child eats well at lunchtime.
It is very easy to apply:
- Contact the school on 01782 615636 and ask to speak to the office for a link to the online form. The process is discretely dealt with, no one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
You can claim free school meals for your child if you or your child receive any of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit, provided they have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by HMRC
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
To check your eligibility go to the online self checking service here.
For every child eligible for free school meals and registered with us, St John Fisher Catholic College will receive £935 additional funding called Pupil Premium which could help us to provide additional resources in school.